Wednesday, September 9, 2009

In the blink of an eye...

Axel Witsel's Horror Tackle Draws Attention

Highly rated Anderlecht defender Marcin Wasilewski is facing at least twelve months on the sidelines after he suffered a horrific leg injury against Standard Liege on Sunday.

Read full story here










Personally, I feel really sorry for Marcin Wasilewski. It was really a very horrific tackle. The first time I saw, I was like really shocked. How on earth could a player do such a thing to his fellow player? Intentional or unintentional; I think it was clear. It is a career-ending injury. I hope that it is not so. As of today, Witsel faced 10-game suspension. Will that be enough? I am not really sure. I agree that football is a contact game. However, when there is intention to injure others, it becomes a different story. For such a beautiful game, ugly tackles like this should never happen.
I just hope that Axel realize how his stupid decision could cost a player's life. However, people should not go too hard on Axel in my opinion. The incident has happened and we cannot do anything to rewind. There is a punishment but if he doesn't learn anything, it will still be useless.

Anyway, what goes around will come around and we shall reap what we sow.
Good luck and all e` best, Marcin Wasilewski! Come back stronger than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment